Saturday, August 25, 2012

They just don't understand.

Today, we went to hunter's moms house just to visit. So before we left she kept insisting on looking at a car seat. I told her we were fine. But she knew we were planning to buy another one for hunter's car. Well she had one. So I tried to make up every excuse not to take it to not sound rude. We went to the garage and looked at it. I looked for the expiration date, 2014. Then I mentioned how the fabric of it was so sun faded that the plastic probably was faulty  too, I don't know if this is true, but i really didn't want to take it. Hunter completely understands why. His mom does care for her belongings very well, and a car seat should definitely be taken care of. I know for a fact that car seat has been left outside in the rain. So then she was like since it's kinda faded I'll make a cover for it, then I told her that car seat covers will void the warranty. And then she was like well yall can just take it as is. Not wanting to cause a fight, we took it. So now I'm left with this car seat I REFUSE to use just sitting in my garage. And we are still planning to another car seat for hunters car. Which I know his mom will say something, when she sees us not using her car seat and if she sees that we bought a new one.

5 comments:

  1. Just try to be honest. Surely she would want to put Emerson's safety first as well too, right? Over time, I have learned that, when it comes to your babies, you have to be honest, no matter how the other person will react.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But she's the kind of person who thinks i'm extreme. She has custody of hunter's nephews (ages 2 1/2 and 3 1/2) so she knows that 'the doctors say 1 year'. And she's the kind of person who's all like 'well my kids survived without a car seat like that.' I've tried to teach her the correct way of buckling children in (because when she buckles them in, the chest clip is at their belly button and the straps are so loose they can get their arms out of them) but she ignores it.

      Delete
  2. *Cringes* oh goodness. Have you tried showing her some articles of what can happen to babies who forward face too early, aren't properly buckled, car seats aren't properly installed, etc.?
    Seriously, the first time I learned about internal decapitation was when I really started researching car seat safety.
    Her kids survived when there were 3467574644564 people driving on the road at any given time. And it seems like the more people who drive, the more reckless everyone gets :/
    Ugg. Sorry! I promise I'm not trying to go off on you. People like that just get under my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I have. I have physically shown her how to properly buckle the boys in their car seats. As in showing her how tight it should be, and how the chest clip should not be on their bellies. But she just brushes it off. And really does what is most convenient for her. It makes me mad. She's not allowed to keep Emerson for multiple reasons. She really just doesn't get it, she's the person who thinks that she didn't have a car seat as a baby and she survived so it obviously it's not that important.

      Delete
  3. That is supposed to say *when there WEREN'T

    ReplyDelete